What’s the different between Personal Fitness Training and group classes or boot camps?
Group or boot-camp style classes are held at a certain set schedule in places that you have to travel to. You join 5 to 30+ other people doing similar exercises as a group. You reap the benefits of group dynamics and team spirit at a lower cost ($15-$25 per hour session). However, you don’t get personalized attention and customized programs for your special needs and schedule. Training may not be as effective (too aggressive or too easy) since you’re mixing with different people of different ages, fitness levels, and goals. Travel time and schedules can become all-too-common excuses for many busy people to slack off.
Personal fitness training refers to one-on-one private training. You get personal attention and a customized training program with a fitness trainer just for you and for your special needs at a convenient time to you. Training can take place in any open space–your home, home gym, club house gym, fitness center or gym–that both of you have access to. Since it’s one-on-one training, you would invest more–typically $60 to $85 per hour session (in Northern NJ areas) depending on your location, training frequency, training program length, pre-negotiated package, and the trainer’s experience.
In-home personal training is particularly attractive and popular since the trainer travels to you and trains with you in a private setting at a time of convenience to you. It saves your travel time, excuses for not exercising, and distractions from training in public places. No gym membership is required. Personal training is recommended if you have orthopedic conditions, surgeries, medications, or other medical complication because you can work with a trainer at your fitness level and at your pace.
An alternative to one-on-one private training is Partner Training or Semi-Private Training where two people train together, share the same session, and share the cost. It may work for some people but not for others, depending on your location, schedules, fitness levels, individual goals, and the trainer’s skills.
Another attractive and affordable hybrid option is Small Group Personal Training where 4 to 6 people train together as a group. You get to experience personal customized fitness training in a dynamic group environment.
In a final word, don’t look at just the per-session cost but rather the “total” time and energy spent to receive effective training results. You have to evaluate many factors and see which one is best for you and whether you like it or not. The “best” program is the one that you will do it no matter how “cheap” it is. It’s your body. Don’t cheapen it.
What does your personal training program look like?
My personal private training program is an all-inclusive training and coaching program. Regardless of your goals, healthy lifestyle changes, consistent physical exercises and a progressive customized training program, proper nutrition and supporting diet, and personal accountability are the 4 pillars in a successful program. Almost all trainers in training studios or gyms would only do the physical training part–not much support or face time beyond the session time scheduled for training. I was in that position before, and I found it’s a disservice to the clients. They need more information, guidance and coaching, and personal attention and support.
So in addition to the in-person one-on-one physical exercises and training, the training program includes the following products and services at NO extra charges. You get much much more value, benefit, and support.
- Comprehensive Health Risk and Fitness Assessment: evaluate your past history and current conditions, body measurements, fitness level, and your goals to help the trainer design and customize a program just for you.
- Calorie Needs Analysis and Nutritional Counseling: based on the assessment, a baseline calorie and nutrition composition guide is provided and will be updated as you progress.
- Grocery Shopping Tour: a personal tour to a grocery store to learn how to shop and choose foods.
- Kitchen Makeover Time: time to prepare your kitchen and pantry for healthy foods and assembly sample meals if requested.
- Your Dream Body BlueprintTM Owner’s Manual: a step-by-step program (in a 1-inch binder) teaching the mindset for success, S.M.A.R.T. goal setting, lifestyle and behavioral changes, principles and examples in strength training and cardio exercises, nutrition and diet programming, supplementation, training log, etc.
- Jump-Start Your Body: 5-part online courses delivered to your email box including secrets to 6-pack abs, fat loss & muscle-building solutions, fitness mistakes, healthy food recipes, posture & core conditioning.
- Weekly Coaching and Strategy: review weekly goals and challenges and co-create strategies and solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Additional upgrades or specials available to include Nutritive Cleanse/Detox, Total Life Makeover coaching program, stress management, relaxation & stretching, and other customized programs.
If these all sound good to you, I welcome you to sign up for a fitness consultation and schedule a time talk in person for more details. We’d love to help you and get you started to a healthier YOU.
Please fill out the following information. (All fields are required.) We’ll contact you within 24 to 48 hours to schedule your Fitness Consultation once you confirm your opt-in request.
“Denville, NJ” “Boonton, NJ” “Montville, NJ” “Kinnelon, NJ” “Mountain Lakes, NJ” “Rockaway, NJ” “Randolph, NJ” “Succasunna, NJ” “Chester, NJ” “Morristown, NJ” ‘Mendham, NJ” “Madison, NJ” “Chatham, NJ” “Short Hills, NJ” “Sparta, NJ” “Hackettstown, NJ” “Montclair, NJ” “Wayne, NJ” “Bedminister, NJ” “Basking Ridge, NJ” “Bernardsville, NJ” “Personal Trainers” “In Home Personal Training” “Morris County, NJ” “Sussex County, NJ” “Essex County, NJ” “Passaic County, NJ” “Somerset County, NJ” “Fitness Bootcamps” “Biggest Loser” “Fat Camp”"Fat Loss” “Weight Loss” “Female Personal Trainers”